1 Bowl & 15 Minutes
I am now sadly aware of the fact that chocolate doesn’t photograph as beautifully as an apple. But I’ll forgive it, just this once.
These…are cocoa snowballs. And yes, they are heavenly. Cacao has a bit of a darker chocolate taste to it, which I love. The less processed sugar in my diet, the more I love cacao.
This (below) is what you need; and 1 bowl and 15 minutes.
From left to right:
Raw Organic Honey
Cacao (unsweetened cocoa) Powder
But wait! You say “Ugh, I don’t have ANY of these things.” Well, go get them! Call around if you don’t know where to start. I can tell you all of these things in a myriad of combinations can ease the pain of any sweet tooth better than Hershey’s. Does Hershey’s offer you:
- antioxidants (cacao and coconut oil)
- better immune response and blood sugar regulation (coconut oil)
- a sense of fullness without calories; fiber (coconut and coconut oil)
- vitamins such as calcium, vitamin C and iron (honey)
1 c unsweetened coconut
1/2 c cacao powder (I’ve also used Dagoba brand)
1/4 c coconut oil (organic extra virgin is THE best. I wipe the excess off the spoon and rub it on my legs)
3 T raw honey (not the stuff in the bear! The cloudier, the better)
Try to share, will ya?
Additional uses for coconut oil:
- Eat it! The MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) in coconut oil are easier to metabolize and don’t make a beeline for our fat cells, instead it’s preferentially used for energy. It’s antiviral, antifungal and anti microbial!
- Moisturize with it! Sure it’s ‘oily’ but you can cover legs, face and even hair with it! It smells amazing and it’s one ingredient, compared to 2 dozen in traditional lotions.
- Cook with it! I’ve used it to bake, make chocolate sauce and even pop popcorn!
- Get some! Why not? It’s pretty inexpensive considering how amazing it is. It has its own book!
- Clean your skin! This honey pat-down trick is great for cleaning your skin! So soft!
- Eat it! The harder, the better; the hard unprocessed and unrefined honey contains more nutrients. The stuff in the bear is basically watered down. Honey contains flavonoids which are known for their antioxidant, anticancer and antiallergy properties.
- Get some! Don’t put off buying it. It’s the only food that will NOT spoil, ever! It has its own book too!