Lazy Lady Dessert
Peanut butter and blue cheese. Two of my all time favorite foods. Two foods that do not go well together. And yes, I tried.
HOWEVER, two things that do go together better than peanut butter and blue cheese is cinnamon and apples.
Behold, the Cinnamon Agave Apple dessert!
This recipe is so ridiculously easy a child could do it. In fact, I encourage you to have your child do it! There’s something to be said about gaining some self-esteem in the kitchen. Shoot, the little ones I visit LOVE putting the spinach in the smoothies.
Gullible Trusting little things aren’t they?
Cinnamon Agave Apples
*30 min total time; serves 1, adjust accordingly
Cinnamon Agave Sauce to be made beforehand
- 1/4 c raw agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (adjust to taste)
- 1 apple, sliced (peeling is optional); I used a Winesap
- 1 batch of cinnamon agave sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl toss apple slices with sauce until well coated.
- Pour apples into a baking dish. Too big and it will spread the sauce too thin around the pan.
- Place dish in preheated oven and try not to watch it for the next 25 minutes. You can look, but don’t touch. Pat self on back for being 3/4 done.
- Pull out of oven after 25 minutes and watch it some more waiting for the flesh-seary-ness to dissipate.
- Eat. Pat self on back for being all the way done.
I put some fantastic vanilla frozen yogurt on mine, but that will have to wait until sugar-free January is over. But the apples can be had any time. And honestly, the apples are amazing dipped in the sauce so it’s a fantastic raw dessert as well.
Happy New Year to my faithful followers!