Here is the potato recipe I promised the other day! For some of you it’s a repeat, but it’s worth repeating.
One reason the potato-pariah attitude prevails is the delicious french fry. It’s such a big deal that people will drive to certain places just for the perfect fry, and god forbid you serve soggy fries! SHAME on you! But all that french fry-y goodness comes at a hefty price. All that oil is absorbed into that fry and you can bet it’s not heart healthy oil. It could be a trans-fat laden and GMO-filled fry you’re eaten, that is then dipped in a corn syrup/tomato mixture we call ketchup.
Fret not my fry loving friends! I swear this recipe is worth it!
Baked Rosemary Garlic Fries with Spicy Mustard Aioli
- 2-3 yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 c rosemary garlic olive oil (or olive oil with seasonings added to the fries)
- sea salt (the good kind!)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut potatoes into wedges by cutting down the center from top to bottom. Then cut wedges off of each half. Perfection isn’t necessary, just try to keep them about the same size for even cooking purposes.
- Place potatoes in bowl and coat evenly with oil (start with 2 T and go from there). To make rosemary garlic oil, simply blend olive oil (enough to cover the blade), garlic and rosemary in a blender to taste. Otherwise, just coat the wedges in oil and season to your liking. Make sure they are covered well in oil but not swimming. Sprinkle (SPRINKLE) with sea salt. You can add salt after if you still desire more. Chipotle chili powder is delicious as well.
- Place onto baking pan in a nice layer.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes and flip wedges, then place them back in the over and increase heat to 450° and bake for 10-15 minutes. Check for doneness and crispiness.
Spicy Mustard Aioli
This was just a blend of horseradish mustard, jalapeno mustard and vegenaise. Ketchup* is just so full of sugar and junk that I thought mustard might do the trick. Oh, did it ever!
*Update-homemade ketchup is super easy!!!
For my sugar-free peeps, I hope all is going well! Slightly over 25% of the way done! I had a headache myself and some cravings, so with a slice of the chocolate pie the week went by pretty well.