I don’t exactly know where the inspiration from this meal came from, but it is a fantastic gluten-free Paleo dinner that will knock your socks off.
Almond Crusted Chicken with Garlic Butter Sauteed Mushrooms, Creamy Yukon Mashed Potatoes with Onion Thyme Gravy, & Dandelion Green Salad with Tomatoes, Egg and Parmesan
Dude! I know!
Almond Crusted Chicken (serves 2-4, depending on breast size)
- 2 organic free range boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 raw almonds ground into meal (or use almond meal)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 T grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients together except chicken and olive oil.
- Take chicken breasts and if they are very large cut them in half, then rinse and pat dry.
- Coat each breast in olive oil and then coat in almond meal mixture.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 10-12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 T butter
- Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are tender and before you drool in the pan – about 12 minutes.
Yukon Mashed Potatoes (makes 4 servings)
- 2.5-3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 T dijon or horseradish mustard
- Boil yukons for about 30 minutes, until they slide off of a fork once poked through.
- Add water, garlic, salt and mustard and mash.
Gluten Free Onion Thyme Gravy (makes 4-6 servings)
- 2 T organic butter
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 purple onion or 3 shallots
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 T coconut flour
- 14 oz vegan bouillon broth
- 1 T liquid aminos
- 1 T organic worchestershire sauce
- Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add onions (& shallots), thyme and saute until tender and browned (10-12 minutes).
- Stir in flour; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bouillon, aminos and worchestershire sauce. Cook until boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 8-9 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pepper to taste.
Dandelion Green Salad with Tomatoes, Egg and Parmesan (serves 2)
- 2 small bunches dandelion greens, stems trimmed off
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 T grated parmesan (if you can find raw milk parmesan it’s heaven!)
- 2-3 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- Chop greens and place in a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients, except eggs.
- To boil eggs, boil a pan of water on medium high and add eggs. Take eggs out after 15 minutes and place in a bowl of ice. Use an egg slicer to slice eggs.