Quinoaaaat? Part Deux
I am officially in love with quinoa. I especially like to pronounce it “queen-waaaaaaaaa” and make a chopping motion with my hand. Try it. Food is fun.
This recipe is so savory and easy, you could easily make dinner in 15 minutes. It’s delicious hot and cold; dinner, summer side dish, quick office lunch, mid-afternoon snack…whatever. Gluten-free and dairy-free optional.
Rosemary Tomato Quinoa (serves 2-3)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig dried rosemary, about 1 T
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup grated romano or parmesan
- Take your quinoa and rinse it in cold water. Drain and place in the rice cooker with the water and cook.
- In a blender, blend the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and balsamic.
- Once the quinoa is done, mix with the olive oil mixture. Adjust to taste if necessary. Fold in tomatoes.
- If using cheese add while hot or save for later and add to the cold quinoa.
- Serve and enjoy hot or cold.
Of course basil would be the coup de grâce, but it has been absent lately. Probably for the best since basil season has passed.
If you have yet to try quinoa, I highly recommend this awesome food. Nutritionally speaking: 1 cup cooked quinoa 155 cal, 30g carb, 3g fat, 5.5g protein, 3g fiber.