This is a basic recipe for our daily smoothie. Lately I’ve been making a larger batch to have smoothies for lunch which has been wonderful! View the original post here. The recipe changes almost monthly based on what’s in season. Be flexible in your choices and you will never be bored.
Basic Smoothie (makes 5 cups)
- 1 large banana
- 3 cups purified water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 orange (plus 1/2″ chunk of peel)
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened berries
- 1 pear
- 1-3 cup(s) packed with greens (spinach, chard, or dandelion greens are great starter greens, as you won’t be able to taste them)
- 1 T hemp seed
- 2 T chia seed
- Our additions: goji berries (1/3 cup), maca powder (1 tsp), spirulina powder (1 tsp), bee pollen (1 tsp)
- Mix in blender like a VitaMix and enjoy!