This is a basic recipe for our daily smoothie. Lately I’ve been making a larger batch to have smoothies for lunch which has been wonderful! View the original post here. The recipe changes almost monthly based on what’s in season. Be flexible in your choices and you will never be bored.
Basic Smoothie (makes 2.5 servings)
- 1 banana
- 3 cups purified water or 1/2 water 1/2 low sugar green juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen berries
- 1 orange (plus 1/2″ chunk of peel)
- 1-3 cup(s) packed with greens (spinach, or dandelion greens are great starter greens)
- 3 T hemp seed
- 2 T chia seed
- Other additions: goji berries (1/3 cup), maca powder (1 tsp), spirulina powder (1 tsp), bee pollen (1 tsp)
- Mix in blender like a VitaMix and enjoy!